What is Screen Time & Web Filtering?
- Manage schedules like School Time, Bedtime, Free Time for school nights and weekends
- Filter which categories of websites your kids can visit (such as social media, streaming, gaming, and sexual content)
- Block which apps/sites they can use at what times
- Turn off the internet when needed (while still allowing texts and calls)
- Lock on SafeSearch on Google, Bing, DuckDuckGo, and YouTube
What is the difference between "content monitoring" and "screen time & filtering"?
Click here to learn about how both monitoring and web filtering can help keep kids safer on their devices.
What devices are compatible?
If your children have older devices, you may wish to verify they are compatible here.
Mobile screen time controls are available for Android, iOS, and Chromebook devices on the Bark Jr and Bark Premium subscription plans.
How do I set up mobile screen time & filtering?
Families can set screen time limits and create schedules for when their children’s Android, iOS, and Chromebook devices can connect to the internet (through both cell service and Wi-Fi). You can also select which websites and apps are appropriate for your child to access on these devices at particular times.
How do I set up in-home screen time & filtering?
The Bark Home is a small device that connects to your Wi-Fi router. It allows you to manage screen time and filter content on all of the internet-connected devices in your home (like Smart TVs, computers, gaming consoles, phones, tablets, and more). This allows you to enforce screen time on more than just mobile devices.
For the first-time activation of the Bark Home device, see here:
After you've activated the Bark Home with your account, we have setup instructions for your in-home devices (phones, tablets, computers, gaming consoles, etc.):
- Learn more about Bark Home
- Tips for Identifying Devices with Bark Home
- What are the Bark Home Profiles?
How do I manage the Screen Time & Filtering rules?
Where can I find troubleshooting solutions for Screen Time & Web Filtering?
We're sorry to hear you're running into trouble with your child's screen time and web filtering! Check out this guide for help with common questions.