The Bark Desktop App not opening on Windows can take the following forms:
App doesn't open, or opens for a second and immediately disappears.
- Bark is only compatible with 64-bit Windows operating systems. Check which one you have! If you have 64-bit, you can move on to the next bullet. If you have a 32-bit, consider using another compatible computer or the Bark Home device!
- Try updating iTunes and updating your Windows software.
- If still no luck, try uninstalling the Bark Desktop App, restarting the computer (IMPORTANT!), and then re-installing it.
- App opens as a blank screen.
- A pop-up saying, "Your PC's settings only let it install verified apps from the Store."
- Click on Open settings to adjust your system preferences to allow you to download the Bark Desktop App.
- Make sure you have selected one of the options that say you can download applications from Anywhere, as seen below:
- Then, try to open the Bark Desktop App again!
Still no luck?
We're here to help! Please reach out to us with screenshots of the issue and the steps you've tried.