Set up your kid's Amazon Fire
Watch the video below to learn how to monitor an Amazon Fire tablet. This will let you get alerts about issues found in your child's photos, videos, web browsing, and some social media platforms.
- On your kid's Amazon Fire, open the App Store.
- Search for the Bark for Kids app.
(You may have to tap on Amazon to narrow the search results to Amazon apps.)
- Tap Download.
- Tap Open from there (or go back to the home screen to open the app).
- Set your kid's Amazon Fire aside for now.
- Open up the Bark parent app / dashboard on your own device.
- Tap on the v menu (desktop) or ☰ More (mobile).
- Tap Device code.
- Use this code to log into the Bark Kids app on your kid's Amazon Fire tablet.
Getting a login error? Double check that your kid's tablet is connected to the internet and try again.
- Tap Allow on all prompts.
- If you see the message below, check Do not show again and tap Start now.
- Tap Open Settings to turn on Accessibility.
Using Amazon's built-in controls? You may have to open the Settings app on their tablet > tap Parental Controls > Household Profiles > Manage [your kid]'s Profile > Accessibility > scroll down to Bark > enable.
- Tap Bark under the Services
- Toggle on Bark Accessibility.
- Open the Bark Kids app again.
- Tap Settings on the bottom right.
- Tap Test monitoring. A message will then pop up letting you know if it looks good!
- Tap < back to return to the home screen.
- You can now give the tablet back to your kid!
How do I know it's working?
Open up your parent app / dashboard, and tap on Monitoring under your kid.
How do I block apps and sites on an Amazon Fire tablet?
Order the Bark Home to block apps and sites on any internet-connected device in your home, including Amazon Fire tablets!
Then, follow these steps to get Amazon Fire set up with app blocking.