Watch this video to learn how to monitor an Amazon Fire tablet. If you'd like some additional tips — or if the video doesn't play — follow the step-by-step instructions written below.
STEP 1: Download the Bark for Kids app.
- Tap on the search bar at the top of the tablet's home screen.
- Then, type in "Bark for Kids."
- Look for the app with this icon:
- Tap on Download.
STEP 2: Open the Bark for Kids app.
Tap on Open to proceed with setup.
STEP 3: Log in with your Bark parent credentials.
You will enter your Bark account e-mail and password. Then, tap Get Started.
STEP 4: Select the child that uses this device.
STEP 5: Follow the on-screen prompts to allow permissions.
You will see several screens that will ask for permission to monitor your child's device.
- Tap Connect on the first prompt.
- Tap Allow on the following few prompts.
- Check Do not show again and tap Start now.
STEP 6: Select Open Settings when prompted.
- Scroll down to "Services," and tap on Bark.
- Tap the slider to enable Bark.
- Select OK.
STEP 5: Fine-tuning.
To test the monitoring or to adjust settings, including whether Bark is using Wi-Fi or cellular data, open the Bark for Kids app and tap the settings icon (see images below):
Descriptions of settings:
- Upload over Wi-Fi only: If your child's device needs to conserve cellular data use, then you may consider turning on the setting of "Upload over Wi-Fi only." Otherwise, leave disabled.
- Test monitoring: If you want to make sure the Amazon Fire device monitoring is set up properly, tap on "Test monitoring." A message will then pop up letting you know if it looks good!
NOTE: Do NOT logout of the Bark for Kids app, or monitoring will be impacted.
From your Bark parent dashboard, you will now see the device has been associated with your child under their profile. Here is an example:
Need additional assistance?
If you have any questions about Amazon Fire setup or anything else, don't hesitate to reach out to us!