To connect your child's Amazon Fire tablet for monitoring of it's Silk web browsing, saved photos/videos, and many installed apps, we have text instructions and a video below!
Watch this video to learn how to monitor an Amazon Fire tablet. If you'd like some additional tips — or if the video doesn't play — follow the step-by-step instructions written below.
STEP 1: Download the Bark for Kids app.
- Tap on the search bar at the top of the tablet's home screen.
- Then, type in "Bark for Kids."
- Look for the app with this icon:
- Tap on Download.
STEP 2: Open the Bark for Kids app.
Tap on Open to proceed with setup.
STEP 3: Log in with your Bark parent credentials.
You will enter your Bark account e-mail and password. Then, tap Get Started.
STEP 4: Select the child that uses this device.
STEP 5: Follow the on-screen prompts to allow permissions.
You will see several screens that will ask for permission to monitor your child's device.
- Tap Connect on the first prompt.
- Tap Allow on the following few prompts.
- Check Do not show again and tap Start now.
STEP 6: Select Open Settings when prompted.
- Scroll down to "Services," and tap on Bark.
- Tap the slider to enable Bark.
- Select OK.
STEP 5: Fine-tuning.
To test the monitoring or to adjust settings, including whether Bark is using Wi-Fi or cellular data, open the Bark for Kids app and tap the settings icon (see images below):
Descriptions of settings:
- Upload over Wi-Fi only: If your child's device needs to conserve cellular data use, then you may consider turning on the setting of "Upload over Wi-Fi only." Otherwise, leave disabled.
- Test monitoring: If you want to make sure the Amazon Fire device monitoring is set up properly, tap on "Test monitoring." A message will then pop up letting you know if it looks good!
NOTE: Do NOT logout of the Bark for Kids app, or monitoring will be impacted.
You may begin receiving alerts for potential issues like cyberbullying, sexual content, suicidal ideation, and more on your child's Silk web browser, saved photos, saved videos, and many installed apps (we will also alert you if your child downloads or uses a risky app on their device).
From your Bark parent dashboard, you will now see the Amazon Fire connection under your child's name. Here is an example:
Need additional assistance with the Amazon Fire tablet setup?
If you have any questions about this or anything else, don't hesitate to reach out to us!