If you enable the App Store for your child, it will ask that your kid sign in with a Google account before they can download apps.
There are other apps that also encourage your kid to sign in with a Google account, like Chrome or Gmail.
Some types of Google accounts will run into trouble signing into these apps on the Bark Phone, like...
- Supervised Google accounts
(e.g. Google account birthday is under 13 or supervised in your Google Family Link group)
- Some school-issued Google accounts
What to do if your kid’s account is supervised
Either stop account supervision within your Family Link app or create a new Google account for your kid (learn more).
What to do if your kid’s account is school-issued
Not all school accounts will run into issues signing into a Bark Phone.
Some schools, however, have strict settings for their school-issued accounts. You can reach out to your school’s IT department to see if they are willing to follow these steps to allow your child to sign in with their school-issued account on a Bark Phone.
In the meantime, here’s how your kid can sign in with a Google account on a Bark Phone:
- On your kid’s Bark Phone, open up the Settings app.
- Tap Accounts & Backup.
- Tap Manage Accounts.
- Sign out of your kid's school-issued account.
- Tap ➕ Add account.
- Tap Google.
- Sign in with your kid's personal Google account or create a new Google account.
Get help with other related issues
- "Problem communicating with Google servers"
- "Can I use Google Family Link with a Bark Phone?"
- "This app won't work for your device"