We've put together some guides that you can use to optimize your Google Workspace (G Suite) account with Bark for Schools monitoring and filtering.
If your students use Hangouts / Google Chat, Bark can monitor the text in those chats! Ensure we're able to monitor chats by checking the following settings in G Suite:
- Gmail is enabled for students in G Suite.
- Conversation history is enabled and unable to be adjusted by students.
You may also wish to consider turning off chatting with users outside the organization, joining rooms outside the organization, and adding external chat bots. This can cut down on inappropriate content brought in by outside actors.
There are also some other neat tools in Google Workspace (G Suite) accessed under Devices > Chrome Management > User & Browser Settings:
- Incognito Mode - you can disable this setting and students will not have the option to use incognito browsing on Chrome.
- Developer Tools - you can select "Never Allow the use of built-in developer tools" to prevent students from disabling Chrome extensions needed for school.
- SafeSearch - if you enable this setting, students will have explicit results filtered from their Google searches.
- Youtube Restricted Mode - if you enable this setting, students will have explicit results filtered from their Youtube searches and will not be able to view many explicit videos.
- Task Manager - you can select "Block users from ending processes with the Chrome task manager" to prevent students from disabling Chrome extensions, apps, etc. needed for school.
How do I reach the Bark for Schools team?
We have an incredible team behind the scenes here at Bark. For technical questions, we can be reached here. Our team is happy to help!