The Bark Phone™ is our brand new all-in-one solution. This article discusses the initial setup process. If you haven't already, order it today!
- Open the package, remove the Bark Phone, and power it on. (If the device doesn't power on, it may need to be plugged in to charge).
🔌 Where's the charging brick? Samsung no longer includes those with their phones as a way to minimize their impact on the environment. You can plug the USB-C charging cable included with the phone into any USB-C port on a computer, charging brick, or similar.
- Accept the terms and conditions.
- Set the Bark Phone aside. You may see a welcome screen like this, but if you don't, no problem! You'll still be able to set up the device. Just skip down to the next step!
- Scan the QR code with the camera of your parent device. If that doesn't work, go to phone.bark.us on your parent device.
- Log in with the account used to order the phone.
- Choose the Bark Phone you are setting up.
- (optional, but recommended): Connect the Bark Phone to your Wi-Fi network.
Not sure how to connect to Wi-Fi? Click here.
- Open Bark Kids on the Bark Phone and accept the VPN prompt.
- Set the Bark Phone aside.
- Continue on in your parent device. You can now set your preferred rules for app access, texting, contact approval, camera access, and web browsing access. These options can be changed at any time!
- Whether you transfer an existing number to the phone or get one from Bark, you will eventually see the child's assigned phone number.
That's it! 🎉
You've now set up the Bark Phone for your child. You can hand it to them whenever you're ready!
Managing Rules for the Bark Phone
You can find your tools for device management by tapping on the Bark Phone tile on your parent dashboard.
Please note that we block the phone's Settings ⚙ app by default and give you the ability to allow access on-the-fly when needed (for example, to change the wallpaper or add new Wi-Fi networks) when you tap on the Bark Phone tile > Settings.
Learn more below:
- Control when they can access the Camera function
- Block texting during Bedtime or School Time
- Manage contact requests
- Block an app or site
- Pause the Internet (ie. remotely lock the device down, except the Dialer)
Need to add more?
You can add an unlimited number of email accounts, social media accounts, and devices for monitoring. Follow this guide to connect the rest of your kids' accounts and devices!
If Bark detects instances of bullying, sexual content, depression, self-harm, or other worrisome content in your child's messaging or media on their device, we will send you a notification.
Learn more about what makes Bark's content monitoring unique.
Need help or have additional questions?
We are happy to assist! Reach out to Bark Support, and we'll help every step of the way.