Bark is able to monitor emails sent and received (including attachments) on connected email accounts like iCloud. We will alert on instances of bullying, sexual content, violence, weapons, and more. We can even alert you to new and risky apps that your child has signed up for with this email.
Apple requires the use of app-specific passwords when connecting Apple email accounts to third parties like Bark. The emails connected with this method end in @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com.
STEP 1: Enable two-factor authentication for the iCloud account.
To connect the iCloud email account to Bark, you will have to enable two-factor authentication for the child's Apple account. You can enable two-factor authentication by following the steps below on your child's iOS device:
- Go to Settings > [your name] > Password & Security.
- Tap Turn On Two-Factor Authentication.
- Follow the prompts to finalize Two-Factor Authentication.
Now that you've enabled two-factor authentication on your child's iOS device, you can give it back to them. We're going to follow the next steps from a computer (easiest) or your own phone, whichever you prefer!
STEP 2: Log into your child's Apple ID account page with their login credentials.
- Select App-Specific Passwords.
- Click on Generate app-specific password or on the + symbol:
- Type in Bark as the name.
- You'll be asked to re-enter the Apple ID password for confirmation.
- Then, a long password will be generated on the next screen. This is what we need to connect the account to Bark!
- Highlight the password. Right-click and Copy the password.
STEP 4: Return to your dashboard.
- Select Monitoring under the child in question.
- Scroll down to +Add New App. Under the Email category, select iCloud.
- Paste the password into the iCloud password field. Then click Connect.
That's it! 🎉
Going forward, if we find something alarming in your child's sent or received emails, we will alert you!
You will also see the iCloud email account is connected on your child's profile, along with all of your child's other monitored accounts and devices:
Need to add more?
Need help or have additional questions?
We are happy to assist! Reach out to Bark Support, and we'll help every step of the way.