When the Bark Kids app needs an update, we’ll let you know with a message:
How to update the Bark Kids app
Depending on which device your child has, the steps to update vary slightly.
Good news! Updates happen automatically, but restarting will help speed it up. If needed, connect to Wi-Fi for faster download speeds.
- On your kid's phone or tablet, open a web browser app (like Chrome).
- Visit bark.us/android.
- Download the Bark Kids app on that page.
- Wait for the download to complete, and then tap Open.
- Tap on Install.
Seeing a pop-up warning about "from Unknown Sources"? Don’t worry — the Bark for Kids app is perfectly safe! But you’ll need to allow this for Bark to work. Continue with our walkthrough here!
- Open the Bark Kids app.
- Tap Test Monitoring in its Settings to make sure it's working properly.
- You can now return the device to your child.
That's it! Your child's Android now has the latest app version, which helps keep the monitoring features working properly.