Bark can monitor emails, including attachments, on connected email accounts like Yahoo and send alerts for concerning content like bullying, sexual content, violence, and risky apps. However, due to Yahoo's security policies, special steps are required to set up monitoring for Yahoo! Mail.
- Log in to your child's Yahoo email account.
- Find your child's name on the top right, and in that menu, click Settings or Account Info (whichever one you see in your Yahoo Mail homepage).
- Select Account Security on the left.
- Ensure Two-Step Verification is enabled.
- Generate app password at the bottom.
- On the pop-up, click on Other App.
Getting "Sorry, this feature is not available right now"? This is something that Yahoo and AOL have been experiencing periodically for some accounts. Try again in a few days and submit your feedback to them.
- Enter Bark as the name:
- Copy the password:
- Paste that within the password field for connecting to a Yahoo account:
That's it! 🎉
You will then see it on your child's profile, along with all of your child's other monitored accounts:
Need to add more?