Bark can monitor emails, including attachments, on connected email accounts like AOL and send alerts for concerning content like bullying, sexual content, violence, and risky apps. However, due to Yahoo's security policies, special steps are required to set up monitoring for AOL.
- Log in to your child's AOL email account.
- Click Options on the top right, and in the menu that appears, select Account Info.
- Tap on Account Security on the left.
- Now, click on Generate app password or Generate and manage app passwords:
- On the pop-up, enter Bark as the name and Generate Password:
Getting "Sorry, this feature is not available right now"? This is something that Yahoo and AOL have been experiencing periodically for some accounts. Try again in a few days and submit your feedback to them.
- Click Copy by the password.
- Paste that within the Bark password field for connecting to an AOL account:
You will see the AOL email on your child's profile, along with all of your child's other monitored accounts: