Skip to main content
Slow internet speeds
Noticing an internet speed slow down while using Bark? Here’s how to improve it.
Apps are loading slowly with the Bark Kids VPN
If you are experiencing slow speeds, the most likely reason is that you accidentally blocked those apps and sites (or entire categories) in your parent app / dashboard.
When an app or site is blocked by Bark, it may look like...
- It's not refreshing
- It's loading slowly
- It's not sending or receiving messages
- There's a network error
To check what you've blocked and make adjustments, let's follow the guide below:
Allow an App or Site
Apps are loading slowly with the Bark Home
Your Wi-Fi speed can be affected if networking devices such as routers, mesh units, network extenders, or network switches are not assigned to the Ignored profile in the Bark parent app or dashboard.
- Open up your parent app / dashboard.
- Tap on Bark Home at the top.
- Tap the Unmanaged profile.
- Tap Ignore under any networking devices, routers, mesh units, and extenders in the list.
Don't see any networking devices? You may have already assigned them. We're also happy to help, just reach out to us.
- Power off those devices for 30-60 seconds, then power them back on.
- It may take a few minutes for the devices to reconnect and settle back into your network.
- Then, double check your app blocking rules for your children's profiles.
Still no luck?
Check to see if your router is incompatible with the Bark Home or needs additional settings adjusted. If that's not it, reach out to us for more help!
Get to Know Bark
Explore our FAQs and beginner's guides.
Become a Power User
Set up all of your kids and their devices.
Account & Billing Settings
Make changes to your plan or update your information.
Solve a Problem
Need help? We've got your back.
bark phone, monitor iphone, bark alerts