Are your kid’s apps all grayed out except for the phone and Bark apps? Here are some ways to fix it.
- Updates are being installed
When the phone is installing Samsung updates, apps may get suspended temporarily. Once the updates are finished, app access resumes. Your kid can speed this process along by connecting to Wi-Fi.
- Bark permissions were disconnected
If an important setting gets disabled, Bark's tamper protections kick in. This will gray out all the apps (except the phone and Bark). Here’s how to fix it.
- You've blocked all of their apps
Want to unblock some? Adjust your rules.
- Your child has reached their daily time limit for apps
Easy fix — just adjust your kid's app time limits.
- You've paused the device
Make sure you un-pause the device when the break is over.
- Poor internet connectivity
A bad Wi-Fi or cellular signal may affect how quickly a Bark Phone syncs up with your rules (for example, from un-pausing the device). Connect to Mobile Data and Wi-Fi on your kid's Bark Phone and then wait a few minutes.
- Your account time zone is incorrect
Make sure the time zone is correct in your account settings.
- The Bark Phone time is incorrect
If the phone has the wrong time, it may think it's in a different time zone. Here's how to fix it:
- On your kid's phone, open Settings.
- Tap General Management.
- Tap Date and Time.
- Enable Set Time Zone based on Location.