The Bark Phone is our all-in-one solution that comes with protections against tampering.
In the rare event that we detect an important setting has been changed, Bark will...
- Disable all non-essential apps on the phone.
- Block all internet access until the settings are fixed.
- Let your child know the settings need to be fixed before they can access other apps again.
How to Fix
- On your parent device, log in to your Bark account.
- Tap the v menu or ≡ More menu.
- Tap Get a device code. You may need this later.
- On your child's Bark Phone, open the Guard Dog app to review the status of important settings.
- If applicable, tap on Open Bark or on Fix.
- Then, open the Bark for Kids app.
- Allow any permissions prompted, like Accessibility.
- Tap Check In.
- Restart the Bark Phone. It may take a few minutes for your changes to take effect.
- That's it! 🎉
No luck? 🤔
If you're still seeing all apps grayed out after some time has passed, then check out our other troubleshooting solutions.