If you encounter this message when attempting to install an app on your child's Android device, you may have forgotten you set parental controls for Google Play. Let's check!
The easiest method is...
- Open the Google Play app on your child's device.
- At the top right, tap the profile icon.
- Tap Settings > Family > Parental controls > turn off or adjust as needed.
If you instead see something about Family Link in there, then we need to make adjustments on your Family Link Parent App instead:
- Open the Family Link app .
- Select your child.
- Tap Controls > Content restrictions > Google Play.
- Tap the type of content you want to adjust.
Note that if you're trying to sign into Google Play on a Bark Phone™, you cannot do so with a Google account that is supervised by Google Family Link. Learn more below:
Can I use Google Family Link to supervise a Bark Phone™️?
Need help or have additional questions?
We are happy to assist! Reach out to Bark Support, and we'll help every step of the way.