This article covers the first-time setup of a router with Bark filtering built-in.
- Choose a quiet time
Set up the Bark Home during a quiet time when most of your family isn't actively using their devices for work or school.
- Simplify your network
To streamline the setup process and focus solely on your router and Bark, temporarily turn off any extra network extenders, access points, or other networking devices. (You can turn them on later when we're done!)
Set up the router with Bark
- If you haven't already, consult your internet service provider (like Xfinity, Spectrum) to make sure your router is set up with internet / Wi-Fi.
- Then, turn on your family's devices and connect them to your home Wi-Fi network.
Some devices aren't around right now?
It's okay, you can set them up later!
- Use a computer connected to your home network and go to the URL specific to your router's name below. For example, if you have a Vilo router, visit vilo.detect.network.
- When prompted, sign into your existing Bark account. If you don't have one, choose the option to create one.
⛔ Don't see this because the router is "undetected"? Let's start by following the steps in this guide.
- You'll then assign devices to profiles and set your screen time rules. Here's how to identify and rename your devices for easy management.