The Bark for Chromebooks app needs Accessibility enabled in your kid's settings to be fully set up.
- Log into the Chromebook with your child's Google account.
- Click on the time on the bottom right.
- Click on the ⚙ gear icon to access settings.
- Search "play store" at the top, or scroll down until you find Google Play Store.
- Click on Manage Android preferences.
- In the window that pops up, click on Accessibility.
- Under Services, click Bark and turn it on.
- Click the O on the bottom left.
- Open the Bark for Chromebooks app.
- Click on the bottom right gear icon.
- Click on Test Monitoring.
- Click the ✖ to close out of the app. Rest assured, it'll continue to run in the background.
How do I know it's working?
Open up your parent app / dashboard, and tap on Monitoring under your kid.
You should see the Chromebook with a green checkmark after a few minutes:
- Repeat these steps for any other children by clicking the Time on the bottom right > Log out. Then, sign in with the other child's user profile and repeat the steps above.
- Talk to your child about Bark and why the Bark for Chromebooks app and Bark extensions need to remain installed. Don't worry, if either one is deleted or stops working, we will alert you.