For background on how these settings could relate to the performance of the Bark for Kids app, see here.
OnePlus devices use a modified version of Android which they call Oxygen. The latest OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 6 devices seem to have the most aggressive battery optimization that could affect the performance of the Bark for Kids app.
OnePlus 5 and 6:
Settings > Battery > Battery optimization and switch to the "All apps" list at the top > select Bark > Don’t optimize.
- If you instead want to turn off battery optimization for all apps on the device, go to Settings > Apps > Gear Icon ⚙️ > Special Access > Battery Optimization.
Settings > Battery > Battery optimization > (three dots) > Advanced optimization, you’ll see two options there. Both are enabled by default but we'll want to disable them:
- Deep Optimization or Adaptive Battery > Disable.
- Sleep Standby Optimization > Disable.
- On some OnePlus phones there is also a feature called App Auto-Launch which essentially prevents apps from working in the background. Please disable it for Bark for Kids to work properly:
NOTE: For their OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 6 devices, settings may get reset with firmware updates so you may need to re-enable these settings as regularly as those devices update their firmware. Though the OnePlus firmware updates download automatically, they require manual approval to actually install.
Older versions of OnePlus devices:
- Settings > Battery > Battery optimization > (three dots) > disable Enhanced optimization.
- Settings > scroll down to the Device section > Battery > 3-dot menu icon at the top right of the screen > Aggressive Doze & App Hibernation option > Toggle off.
- There is also a feature called Deep Clear. Please disable it for Bark for Kids to work properly under Settings > Advanced > Recent app management > select Normal Clear:
- Lastly, double-check that Accessibility for Bark is enabled.
Check out our Android Troubleshooting Guide. Bark Support is also here for you! Please reach out to us if you need additional assistance.