Skip to main content
Important Bark Phone Setting Has Been Disabled
The Bark Phone is our all-in-one solution that comes with protections against tampering.
In the rare event that we detect an important setting has been changed, Bark will...
- Disable all non-essential apps on the phone.
- Let your child know the settings need to be fixed before they can access other apps again.
How to Fix
- On your parent device, log into your Bark account, click the v menu or ≡ More menu, tap Account Settings, and scroll down to Device Code. You may need a Device Code later.
- On your child's Bark Phone, open the Guard Dog app to review the status of settings Bark needs. If applicable, click on Fix.
- On your child's Bark Phone, open the Bark for Kids app .
- Allow any permissions prompted, like Accessibility.
- Tap Check In.
- Restart the Bark Phone. It may take a few minutes for your changes to take effect.
That's it! 🎉
You should have now resolved the issue.
No luck? 🤔
If you're still seeing all apps grayed out after some time has passed, then check out our other troubleshooting solutions.
Get to Know Bark
Explore our FAQs and beginner's guides.
Become a Power User
Set up all of your kids and their devices.
Account & Billing Settings
Make changes to your plan or update your information.
Solve a Problem
Need help? We've got your back.
bark phone, monitor iphone, adjust notifications