Guest Mode is a feature on Google Chrome that allows someone to browse the web without being signed in to an account. Because Bark's Chrome monitoring on computers follows your child's account, disabling guest mode ensures Bark will be monitoring their Chrome web browsing.
Each platform has different steps, so we've put together guides for Windows, Mac, and Chromebooks:
- How to Disable Chrome Guest Mode on Mac
- How to Disable Chrome Guest Mode on Windows
- How to Disable Chrome Guest Mode on Chromebooks (see below)
Instructions for Chromebook
- Sign in to the Chromebook with the owner account.
NOTE: You may wish to make the owner account the parental account that only you have the password for, so that your child cannot edit these settings later.
- At the bottom right, select the time.
- Select Settings gear icon.
- In the "People" section, select Manage other people.
- Turn off "Enable Guest browsing." When guest browsing is turned off, users need to sign in with their Google Accounts to use your Chromebook, and below we'll restrict sign-in to only your child's account(s). This ensures your child cannot sign in with additional accounts to get around monitoring.
- Turn on "Restrict sign-in to the following users."
- You'll see a list of all the Google Accounts on your Chromebook. You can add or remove accounts from this list. We recommend just restricting it to the account(s) that have already been set up with the Bark monitoring described here.
Need help or have additional questions?
We are happy to assist! Reach out to Bark Support, and we'll help every step of the way.