What is Bark for Schools?
Bark for Schools is an invaluable safety net for schools, their faculties, and their students. Our monitoring service not only detects potential issues but also helps the administration better understand their student body.
We analyze the following platforms for worrisome content whether the student uses their account on a school or personal device.
Google Workspace (G Suite)
- Gmail: Subject, Body, Attachments (Images and Videos)
- Google Chat: Text and Attachments (Images, Videos) in Direct Messages*
- Google Drive: Images, Videos, Office documents (.doc, .docx, etc.), Plain text files
- Google Docs: Content, Comments, and Replies
- Google Chrome: Webpage Titles and Searches**
Office 365 (Microsoft)
- Outlook: Subject, Body, Attachments (Images and Videos)
- Teams: Text, Images, and Videos in Direct Messages
- OneDrive: Images, Videos, Office documents (.doc, .docx, etc.), Plain text files
- Word Docs: Content, Comments, and Replies
- Google Chrome: Webpage Titles and Searches*
- Microsoft Edge: Webpage Titles and Searches**
Our web filters are designed with the needs of schools in mind, allowing you to block categories, specific sites, and review web filter reports for insights. We offer two options to choose from:
- Chrome/Edge web filtering extension: deployed to student accounts via Chrome extension settings (Google Workspace) or via Microsoft Group Policy or Intune MDM (Microsoft 365). This is a great option for remote learning.
- DNS filter: deployed to school network via DNS. This is a great option for on-campus learning.