Why do I need to update iTunes?
The Bark Desktop App needs to be able to communicate with your child's iOS device for the monitoring of texts, photos, and more. Sometimes, we need the latest version of iTunes installed to help the Bark Desktop App better monitor your child's iOS device.
Below are instructions on how to update iTunes on your Windows or Mac computer.
If you have a Windows PC
- Open iTunes.
- From the menu bar at the top of the iTunes window, choose Help > Check for Updates.
- Follow the prompts to install the latest version.
If you have a Mac
If you update your Mac to macOS 10.15+, there is no iTunes. To check for updates to those Apple components needed for your child's iOS device to communicate with the computer, check for updates to macOS.
If you can’t update to macOS 10.15+
You can update to the latest version of iTunes (up to iTunes 12.8).
- Open the App Store on your Mac.
- Click Updates at the top of the App Store window.
- If any iTunes updates are available, click Install.
If you are still receiving a message in Bark asking you to update Apple device support, then you may need to follow these steps:
- Plug in an iOS device into the Mac.
- Unlock the device, and see if it is asking to tap Trust. If it is, trust it.
- On your computer, select Install if this prompt appears:
4. Quit and re-open the Bark Desktop App. The update message should be resolved now, and you can continue with the iOS monitoring instructions.
Still no luck?
We're here to help! Please reach out to us with screenshots of the issue and the steps you've tried.