Why do I need to update iTunes?
The Bark Desktop App needs to be able to communicate with your child's iOS device for the monitoring of texts, photos, and more. Ensuring the latest version of iTunes is installed on your computer helps the Bark Desktop App and iOS device communicate over USB or Wi-Fi.
Below are instructions on how to update iTunes on your Windows or Mac computer.
If you have a Mac
If you update your Mac to macOS Catalina, there is no iTunes. To check for updates to those Apple components needed for your child's iOS device to communicate with the computer, check for updates to macOS.
If you can’t update to the latest version of macOS
You can update to the latest version of iTunes (up to iTunes 12.8).
- Open the App Store on your Mac.
- Click Updates at the top of the App Store window.
- If any iTunes updates are available, click Install.
If you have a Windows PC
- Open iTunes.
- From the menu bar at the top of the iTunes window, choose Help > Check for Updates.
- Follow the prompts to install the latest version.
If Check for Updates isn't an option in the Help menu, you downloaded iTunes from the Microsoft Store. Click here for steps on uninstalling that incorrect version of iTunes and installing the correct version of iTunes.
Bark Support is committed to helping every step of the way. Please reach out to us!