Add the Safari extension to your kid's iPhone or iPad
- On your kid's device, install Bark Kids from the App Store.
- Set aside your kid's device for now.
- Open up your parent app / dashboard.
- Tap on the ☰ More menu (mobile) or v menu (desktop).
- Tap Get a device code.
- On your kid's device, open the Bark Kids app.
- Enter in the device code.
- Accept all permissions.
- Tap Check In.
- After you're done, open Settings and tap General.
- Tap Software Update. Your kid's iOS device will need to be updated to at least iOS 15+ to use the extension. If it's not, update it now.
Have an older device? You won't be able to use the Safari extension, but Bark can still block apps and sites with the Bark Kids app. You'll get alerts for blocked sexual content sites (learn more).
- Go back to Settings and tap on Safari.
- Tap Extensions.
- Tap on Bark for Safari.
- Turn on Bark for Safari.
- Tap on All Websites and then tap Allow.
How to make sure your kid can’t uninstall the extension
- On your kid's device, open Settings and tap on Screen Time.
- Turn it on if it’s not already enabled.
- Once it's turned on, set a Screen Time passcode that only you know.
- Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- Tap Content Restrictions.
- Tap Web content.
- Tap Limit Adult Websites.
- Tap < Back twice.
- Tap iTunes & App Store Purchases.
- Tap Deleting Apps.
- Tap Don't Allow.
💡 Pro Tip: Consider using Apple's App Approval feature to prevent your child from installing other browsers.