These instructions will show how to disable Guest Mode on Chromebook to ensure that Bark will be monitoring your child's Chrome web browsing.
What is Guest Mode?
Guest Mode is a feature on Google Chrome that allows someone to browse the web without being signed in to an account. Turn it off to keep Bark monitoring in place.
- Sign into the Chromebook with the owner account.
💡 Pro Tip: Make the owner account an account that only you have the password for, so that your child cannot edit these settings later.
- At the bottom right, select the time.
- Click on ⚙ Settings.
- In the "People" section, click on Manage other people.
- Turn off "Enable Guest browsing."
- Turn on "Restrict sign-in to the following users."
- You can add or remove Google accounts from this list. We recommend just restricting it to the account(s) that have already been set up with Bark.
⚠ Unable to adjust these settings? If using a Chromebook issued from a school, you may be unable to adjust these settings. Contact the school's IT administrator if needed.