Manage SafeSearch and YouTube Restricted Mode with Bark
- Open up your parent app / dashboard.
- Tap on your kid's avatar at the top.
- Tap on Screen Time.
- Tap on ⚙ Settings under the current routine.
- Tap on Apps & websites.
- Scroll down to Safe Search and make any adjustments if needed:
When you turn on SafeSearch for your kids...
- SafeSearch for Google, Bing, and DuckDuckGo search engines gets locked on.
- Other search engines that don't have a SafeSearch feature get blocked (like Yahoo).
- Explicit content (like pornography) will get filtered out from search results on those search engines.
- Google, Bing, and DuckDuckGo control which content is filtered by SafeSearch, which may still result in some inappropriate content getting through the filter. Add exceptions in your Bark rules if needed.
When you turn on YouTube Restricted Mode for your kids...
- Explicit content (like pornography) will get filtered out from search results on YouTube.
- All comments on YouTube videos get disabled.
- YouTube controls which content is filtered by SafeSearch, and it's not always going to be a perfect match for each family (learn more). Add exceptions in your Bark rules if needed.