We've put together some guides that you can use to optimize your G Suite account with Bark for Schools monitoring and filtering.
If your students use Hangouts / Google Chat, Bark can monitor the text in those chats! Ensure we're able to monitor chats by checking the following settings in G Suite:
- Gmail is enabled for students in G Suite.
- Conversation history is enabled and unable to be adjusted by students.
- Hangouts / Google Chat settings are set to either "Chat and classic Hangouts" or "Classic Hangouts only." We recommend choosing "Classic Hangouts only" to ensure full coverage of the student's text chats.
There are also some other neat tools in G Suite accessed under Devices > Chrome Management > User & Browser Settings:
- Incognito Mode - you can disable this setting and students will not have the option to use incognito browsing on Chrome.
- Developer Tools - you can select "Never Allow the use of built-in developer tools" to prevent students from disabling Chrome extensions needed for school.
- SafeSearch - if you enable this setting, students will have explicit results filtered from their Google searches.
- Youtube Restricted Mode - if you enable this setting, students will have explicit results filtered from their Youtube searches and will not be able to view many explicit videos.
- Task Manager - you can select "Block users from ending processes with the Chrome task manager" to prevent students from disabling Chrome extensions, apps, etc. needed for school.
How do I reach the Bark for Schools team?
We have an incredible team behind the scenes here at Bark. For technical questions, we can be reached here. Our team is happy to help!