- Sign in to your school or district's Google admin console as a Super Admin, and select Apps > Google Marketplace apps > Apps list > Install App.
- Search for Bark and select the resulting marketplace app seen below:
NOTE: If you do not see this application, double check that you are still logged into your Super Admin account in Google. If you have multiple Google accounts set up on your web browser, there is a chance that Google has changed the account you are logged into you opened the Google Workspace Marketplace app store.
- Click the Domain Install button at the top.
NOTE: The Bark for Schools application needs to be installed on the top level of the domain and access must be granted for everyone for the application to have the proper permissions needed to monitor the student accounts. Rest assured, you will choose the specific OUs we are monitoring from your Bark for Schools dashboard later in the set up process.
- Click the Continue button at the bottom.
- Accept the permissions by checking the "I agree..." checkbox and clicking the Accept button at the bottom.
- Click the Done button at the bottom.
- Find Bark in your Google Workspace Marketplace Apps in the Admin Console and scroll down to Universal Navigation Links. Click on the link highlighted in red to log in to Bark for Schools for the first time.
NOTE:If this link doesn't direct you to the Bark for Schools dashboard properly, please open a new tab and head over to bark.us/schools to log in.
- Sign in to your administrator account. This needs to be the same email address that was utilized when you set up the Bark for Schools application in Google Workspace.
- Proceed through the onboarding prompts. Don't worry if you make a mistake when choosing your settings, you will be able to update them again in the future.
Going forward, you will navigate to bark.us/schools to log into your dashboard.
Did you receive an error message when you tried to log in?
We typically see this when the Bark for Schools application hasn't been set up on the top level of the domain and access hasn't been granted for everyone. Please take a moment to ensure the application has been set up with these instructions.
If you've confirmed everything is set up properly and it still isn't working, please wait an hour or so and try again.
If you've followed these steps and you're still receiving this error message, please reach out to our support team at email@example.com for further assistance.
How do I know it's working?
On your Bark for Schools dashboard, you will see "Bark is monitoring X students across Y organizational units." We should expect that number of students to be directly related to the number of Gmail/Google Drive accounts you have enabled for monitoring in your Bark Settings.
Need additional help?
Check out our Implementation Guide for additional setup information and tips on optimizing your account.