How to Monitor Accounts and Devices
You get an unlimited number of apps and devices you can monitor with your Bark Premium subscription, meaning you can monitor unlimited Android devices, unlimited Instagram accounts, and more. See what Bark monitors on different platforms here.
STEP 1: Visit your dashboard.
STEP 2: Scroll down to the child you'd like to add a device or account for.
STEP 3: Select the ... menu 💬 and click Add device or app.
STEP 4: If applicable, choose Content monitoring. You can always come back to this page later if needed! (What's the difference between content monitoring and web filtering?)
STEP 5: Select the device, social media account, or email account you'd like to connect for content monitoring. (How does Content Monitoring work?)
STEP 6: Get connected!
- How to Monitor Android
- How to Monitor iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
- How to Monitor Amazon Fire
- How to Monitor Chromebook
- How to Monitor Windows & Mac Browsing
Social Media & Email Instructions
- If you have your child's device on-hand, select I have my child's device. We will then send your child's device a child-specific link that you can use to easily connect the accounts on your child's device.
- If you know your child's username and password for this platform, select I have my child's password. You will then be prompted to enter that information on the following screen.
- If you want to talk to your child about connecting their accounts while allowing them to retain privacy over their passwords, choose My child will connect this account to send them a text or email message with connection instructions. This is basically how you can invite your child into connecting their own accounts!
Then, to finish connecting the social or email account to Bark for monitoring, you will click Allow on the subsequent screen.
🚧 If you are having trouble connecting a social or email account, check out our troubleshooting solutions.
All done! 🎉
NOTE: Please allow for some time after the initial connection before you start receiving alerts.
Need additional assistance getting set up?
You may wish to reference these guides:
If applicable, check out our troubleshooting solutions for connecting social media accounts here:
Still no luck?
Bark Support has your back. Please contact us!