Bark sometimes sends push notifications to the Bark Kids app and Bark parent app. If you or your kid aren't getting the push notifications you expect, follow these steps:
- Log in to the app.
If you're logged out, Bark can't send push notifications.
- Verify your account's notification settings.
- Open up your parent app / dashboard.
- Go to the ˅ menu (computer) or ≡ More (mobile).
- Tap Alert Settings.
- Check your push notification settings.
- Ensure the app is up to date.
- On iOS, use the App Store to check for updates to the parent app or kids app.
- On Android, use the Play Store to check for updates to the parent app and use this guide to check for updates to the kids app.
- Verify your device's notification settings.
- On iOS, open up the Settings app > tap Notifications > tap Bark > turn on "Banners and Badges."
- On Android, open up the Settings app > tap Apps > tap Bark > Notifications > "Allow or show notifications." If present, also enable "Banners" and "Display in the status bar."
Need more help?