Have you run into an issue setting up your Bark Phone? We’ve got answers to some common issues.
How do I know when it's set up?
You can tell if you've activated the Bark Phone if:
- You see your kid's assigned number when you open the Bark Guard Dog app.
- You see a check in button when you open the Bark Kids app.
- You see a Bark Phone tile under your child's name on your parent app / dashboard.
"Sorry, we can't activate the device"
Let's check if you're signed into the wrong Bark account on your parent phone:
- If you're reading this from your parent phone, click this link to log out of your current Bark account.
- Uninstall the Bark parent app from your parent iPhone or Android device (we'll remind you to add it back later!)
- Then, look for an email from @bark.us titled "Your order confirmation." This email contains the email address you used to create your Bark Phone account.
- Log into Bark with that email address.
- Then, try the Bark Phone setup again!
⛔ Still getting the error? Please reach out to us and include the IMEI number listed in the error message.
- Whenever you're done with setup, you're ready to install the Bark parent app on your parent iPhone or Android.
Setting up the Bark Phone this first time may take a few minutes. To speed up the process, make sure the Bark Phone is connected to your Wi-Fi network.
Next, make sure that Mobile Data stays enabled for the Bark Phone.
Lastly, double check you're logged into Bark on your parent phone with the email used to order the Bark Phone.
Phone is assigned to wrong kid
If you ordered multiple Bark Phones but are seeing they're associated with the wrong child, it's okay!
You can select the correct child when setting up each phone.
If you've already set up your Bark Phones and accidentally selected the wrong child, please reach out to us with the IMEI and name of the child you'd like associated with each Bark Phone.
Check out this article to learn how to port over an existing number to the Bark Phone.