Skip to main content
How to prevent your kid from deleting Bark on iOS
Use Apple's Screen Time to prevent the Bark Kids app from being uninstalled.
- On your kid's iPhone or iPad, open the Settings app.
- Tap Screen Time.
- Tap Use Screen Time Passcode and enter one that only you (the parent) will know.
Seeing "Change Screen Time Passcode" instead? That means you've already set a Screen Time passcode.
- Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- Toggle on Content & Privacy Restrictions at the top.
- Tap iTunes and App Store Purchases.
- Tap Deleting Apps.
- Tap Don't Allow.
Some things to note
- Apple doesn't let you lock down the Bark Kids app VPN settings, which we use to block apps and sites. You can send them feedback on this limitation of their Screen Time settings.
- Talk to your child about the importance of keeping Bark enabled on their iPhone or iPad.
- If this continues to be a problem, consider the Bark Phone! The Bark Kids app and Bark VPN come built-in and cannot be deleted.
Get to Know Bark
Explore our FAQs and beginner's guides.
Become a Power User
Set up all of your kids and their devices.
Account & Billing Settings
Make changes to your plan or update your information.
Solve a Problem
Need help? We've got your back.
bark phone, monitor iphone, bark alerts