Set up Bark on your kid's Pinwheel
Bark monitors texts, photos, videos, and more on Pinwheel devices. Get your kid's device set up with these steps:
- Do you already have a Bark account?
- Yes: Wonderful! Skip down to the next step.
- No: Welcome to Bark! Sign up for a Bark Premium subscription on your parent device. Then, proceed to the next step of this guide.
- Double check you've already added your child to Bark.
- Then, open up your Pinwheel Caregiver Portal.
- Tap Apps.
- Search for Bark.
- Turn on Bark for all modes.
- On your kid's Pinwheel, open the Bark Kids app.
- Log in with a device code.
- Accept all permissions prompted.
How do I know it's working?
Open up your parent app / dashboard, and tap on Monitoring under your kid.
What Bark can do on Pinwheel
Pinwheel devices have no browsers, email clients, games, nor social media. Pinwheel only allows particular apps on their devices. A caregiver can then decide which of those apps get installed via the Pinwheel Caregiver Portal.
When coupled with Pinwheel, Bark will scan the following platforms for issues and alert you to them:
- Texts (SMS and MMS)
- Photos and videos (camera roll, screenshots, downloaded pictures)
- Dropbox (documents)*
- Gmail (emails)*
- Google Drive (documents)*
- GroupMe (text and picture chats)*
- Messenger Kids (text chats)
- Outlook (emails, attachments)*
- OneDrive (documents)*
- Skype (text chats)
- Slack (text chats)
- Spotify (song lyrics)*
- WhatsApp (text chats)
* After connecting the account to Bark with the child's login credentials by following these steps.
Things to keep in mind:
- Bark's app and site blocking features are not supported on Pinwheel, since they already have their own method for blocking apps and sites.
- Bark's location-sharing features may not work reliably on Pinwheel, since they have their own location features in place.
Does the Bark for Kids app update automatically?
Once Pinwheel is notified of a new Bark for Kids app update, they go ahead and automatically push out the new app version to all their Pinwheel devices. Thus, it may take a little bit of time for the app to update, but it should update automatically!
If it's been a while without a needed update, reach out to Pinwheel Support.
Contact Pinwheel Support
If you need to contact Pinwheel directly, they can be reached here.
Contact Bark Support
We have an amazing support team. Don't hesitate to reach out to us!