What is Bark for Schools?
Available at no cost to all K-12 schools across the U.S., Bark for Schools provides monitoring for Google Workspace and Microsoft 365, including Chrome and DNS filtering.
Bark for Schools is an invaluable safety net for schools, their faculties, and their students. Our monitoring service not only detects potential issues but also helps the administration better understand their student body.
We analyze the following platforms for worrisome content whether the student uses their account on a school or personal device.
Google Workspace (G Suite)
- Gmail: Subject, Body, Attachments (Images and Videos)
- Google Chat: Text and Attachments (Images, Videos) in Direct Messages*
- Google Drive: Images, Videos, Office documents (.doc, .docx, etc.), Plain text files
- Google Docs: Content, Comments, and Replies
- Google Chrome: Webpage Titles and Searches**
* Ensure your Google Chat settings are configured correctly here.
** If you've deployed the Bark for Chrome extension in Google Workspace.
Office 365 (Microsoft)
- Outlook: Subject, Body, Attachments (Images and Videos)
- Teams: Text, Images, and Videos in Direct Messages
- OneDrive: Images, Videos, Office documents (.doc, .docx, etc.), Plain text files
- Word Docs: Content, Comments, and Replies
- Google Chrome: Webpage Titles and Searches*
- Microsoft Edge: Webpage Titles and Searches**
* If you've deployed the Bark for Chrome extension via O365.
* If you've deployed the Bark for Edge extension via O365.
Our web filters are designed with the needs of schools in mind, allowing you to block categories, specific sites, and review web filter reports for insights. We offer two options to choose from:
- Chrome/Edge web filtering extension: deployed to student accounts via Chrome extension settings (Google Workspace) or via Microsoft Group Policy or Intune MDM (Microsoft 365). This is a great option for remote learning.
- DNS filter: deployed to school network via DNS. This is a great option for on-campus learning.