Bark analyzes your kid's communications and alerts you to potential issues, like self-harm, bullying, and child predators (learn more). Sometimes, though, certain alerts — like profanity — may not be important to you.
That’s why we let you adjust the sensitivity of alerts, so you can get more of the alerts that are important and less of the ones that aren’t.
- Open up your parent app / dashboard.
- Tap on your kid's avatar at the top.
- Tap Monitoring.
- Tap Settings at the top.
- Make your adjustments by selecting the dropdown menu next to a type of alert.
- Repeat these steps for all of your children.
- These changes will apply from this point forward, and you can always adjust them at any time.
Tips for sensitivity adjustments
- Start with the strictest setting and then scale back little by little to find what works best.
- Selecting All will increase the amount of issues Bark will alert you to, while selecting Severe will reduce the amount of issues Bark will alert you to — focusing instead on only the most severe content.
- Some alert types only have On or Off options in the dropdown menu because of the nature of the alert type.
- Using the Weapon category as an example, there either is a weapon involved or there isn't.
- Using the Profanity category as an example, there either was profanity used or there wasn't.
- If you're getting alerts for profanity or weapons that you deem too mild, you can turn off those alerts and still get alerts for severe issues, like threats of immediate harm to self or others (even if those threats contain references to weapons or profanity).