For background on how these settings could relate to the performance of the Bark for Kids app, see here.
Sony has its own unique feature on some devices that it calls Stamina Mode. Stamina mode instantly breaks all background processes and all alarms if enabled.
To disable Stamina Mode for Bark to monitor your child's device properly, follow these steps:
- Settings > Battery > Stamina Mode > tap on Never.
- Optionally, you can turn off Adaptive Battery in that section as well (if present)
In addition, there are some settings you can adjust to ensure Bark for Kids isn't affected by aggressive optimization:
- Settings > Battery > 3-dots menu in the top right corner > Battery optimization > Apps > Bark and make sure it's not being optimized to save battery.
- Settings > Apps & Notifications > Advanced > Special app access > Power saving feature > Find Bark and change to Excepted.
- Lastly, double-check that Accessibility for Bark is enabled.