For background on how these settings could relate to the performance of the Bark for Kids app, see here.
OnePlus devices use a modified version of Android which they call Oxygen. The OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 6 devices seem to have the most aggressive battery optimization that could affect the performance of the Bark for Kids app.
OnePlus 5 and 6:
- Settings > Battery > Battery optimization and switch to the "All apps" list at the top > select Bark > Don’t optimize.
- You may also turn battery optimization off entirely by going to System Settings > Apps > Gear Icon ⚙️> Special Access > Battery Optimization.
- On some OnePlus phones there is also a feature called App Auto-Launch which essentially prevents apps from working in the background. Please disable it for Bark for Kids to work properly:
- On some OnePlus phones, there is also a feature called Deep Clear. Please disable it for Bark for Kids to work properly under Settings > Advanced > Recent app management > select Normal Clear:
NOTE: For their OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 6 devices, settings may get reset with firmware updates so you may need to re-enable these settings as regularly as those devices update their firmware. Though the OnePlus firmware updates download automatically, they require manual approval to actually install.
Other versions of OnePlus phones:
- Settings > Scroll down to the Device section > Battery > 3-dot menu icon at the top right of the screen > Aggressive Doze & App Hibernation option > Toggle off.
- Also disable Settings > Battery > Battery optimization > (three dots) > Enhanced optimization. This option may also be called Advanced optimization.
- Lastly, double-check that Accessibility for Bark is enabled.
Bark Support is here for you! Please reach out to us.