7.4.0 (Released December 30, 2020)
Enhanced debugging tools.
Sends version on boot of the application so we can keep the version up to date on our reporting side.
Better errors when computer is low on disk space.
7.3.0 (Released October 5, 2020)
- Bug fix for Windows 32-bit.
7.1.2 (Released August 11, 2020)
- Bug fix for detecting devices over Wi-Fi on some Windows 7 computers.
7.1.0 (Released June 9, 2020)
- Bug fix for Wi-Fi backups on initial setup.
7.0.1 (Released May 29, 2020)
- Fixed a minor display issue with the menus on the application on Windows.
7.0.0 (Released May 28, 2020)
- Made USB and Wi-Fi icons larger for visibility.
- Improved add device / remove device experience by incorporating an "Add" button and a "Stop Monitoring Device" option.
- Updated the backup engine and provides more visible error codes to make it easier for families to troubleshoot.
6.4.0 (Released March 9, 2020)
- Notarized the application again for later versions of Mac OS.
- Improved backup engine.
6.3.1 (Released March 2, 2020)
- Fixed a bug with changing backup location and another bug with hiding devices.
- Fixed an issue encountered monitoring certain Voice Memos.
- Improved diagnostics logs.
6.2.1 (Released January 29, 2020)
- Notarized the application for later versions of Mac OS.
6.1.1 (Released January 24, 2020)
- Fixed a bug with monitoring Voice Memos on certain iOS devices.
6.1.0 (Released January 15, 2020)
- Includes support for monitoring Voice Memos.
6.0.1 (Released December 17, 2019)
- Hotfix that now includes a component needed on certain versions of Windows to run the app.
6.0 (Released December 16, 2019)
- Changed the Backup Now option in the Gear icon menu to Search for Device for increased functionality.
- Improved reliability of backup engine.
- A congratulations screen when a person uploads their first backup along with information on keeping monitoring up to date.
- Increased detail in diagnostic information for any errors or bugs, which will allow us to support our families better.
- Scanning for devices now displays a spinning circle on the top left of each device on the Bark Desktop App until the scan completes.
5.3.3 (Released September 7, 2019)
- Fixed a crash during compression of a certain type of rare file.
5.3.2 (Released August 15, 2019)
- Updated Mac toolbar icon to match Windows version. Fixed issue where it was prompting the user with a window when the automated update check ran and there was nothing to update.
5.3.1 (Released July 22, 2019)
- Added monitoring of iOS activities up to two months old.
5.3 (Released July 18, 2019)
- Visual improvements, like changing the 3-dot menu icon to a Gear icon.
- Goes farther back in analysis of older activities.
- Bug fixes.
5.2 (Released June 11, 2019)
- Visual improvements, like making Wi-Fi and USB icons bigger, some text darker.
- Three-dot menu allowing device-specific "Back up now" option, "Hide device" option, and "Reset Device" option.
- Bug fixes.
5.1 (Released May 13, 2019)
- Added iOS Notes app monitoring.
- Updated support text under "Need help?"
- Bug fixes.
5.0 (Released March 25, 2019)
- Built the backup technology into the application -- no need for third party software any longer!
- Added automatic wireless backup feature for Windows users.
- Backups can now automatically occur more often -- not just daily.
- 5.0.1 (released April 2019) added Windows 32-bit version support for older systems.
- Bug fixes.
4.4 and prior versions (In use until March 24, 2019)
- Used a third party software to create backups in conjunction with the Bark Desktop App.
- Wireless backups occurred daily and automatically for Mac users.
- Wireless backups occurred manually for Windows users.
Need assistance with the Bark Desktop App?
Please don't hesitate to reach out to Bark Support and we will be happy to assist!