The "Not registered on network" error usually occurs when there's an issue with the SIM card or the billing for wireless service.
First, let's check if your billing is up to date. After that, we'll check the settings on your kid's Bark Phone.
On your parent app / dashboard
- Tap ☰ More (mobile) or v menu (desktop).
- Tap Account.
- If you're seeing an error about your credit card, that could be the reason for the original "Not registered on network" error. Go ahead and update your card.
- If you're not seeing an error related to updating your card, let's move on to the steps below.
On your kid's Bark Phone
- Restart your kid's Bark Phone.
- Turn off Wi-Fi on the phone (for just a little bit).
- Swipe your finger down from the top of the screen and tap on Wi-Fi to disable it.
- Wait for 30 seconds, then turn Wi-Fi back on.
- After re-enabling Wi-Fi, let's update the phone's operating system.
- Open up the Settings app on your kid's phone.
- Tap Software Update and install any updates available.
- On the top right of the screen, look at the 📶 reception.
- 0-2 bars = poor reception
- 3+ bars = good reception
Kid has poor reception
The poor reception in your area likely explains the current error message.
Try making calls or sending texts when you're in an area with better reception.
Kid has good reception
If you're still getting the error after checking all of the above, please contact us. Our support team will be happy to dig in!