Let only certain people sign in to the Chromebook:
- Sign in to the Chromebook with the owner account.
💡 Pro Tip: Set up the owner account with a password only you know, so that your child cannot edit these settings later.
- At the bottom right, select the time.
- Click on Settings ⚙.
- In the "People" section, select Manage other people.
- Turn off "Enable Guest browsing." When guest browsing is turned off, users need to sign in with their Google Accounts to use your Chromebook, and below we'll restrict sign-in to only your child's account(s). This ensures your child cannot sign in with additional accounts to get around monitoring.
- Turn on "Restrict sign-in to the following users."
- You'll see a list of all the Google Accounts on your Chromebook. You can add or remove accounts from this list. We recommend just restricting it to the account(s) that have already been set up with the Bark.
⚠ Unable to turn guest browsing on or off? It may be set by your child's school. If needed, contact your school's IT administrator.