It's possible that the Bark for Kids app may have been impacted by battery optimization settings on your child's Android device. Battery optimization settings exist on every device but where they are located on the device can vary based on the phone model and Android version. This article focuses on Android 6-8.1 devices, which are typically most Android phones and tablets made within the last 5-10 years.
The good news is, the Bark Phone™ has these settings adjustments enabled by default.
If your child's device is a different type of Android than the Bark Phone, then follow these steps:
Disable Battery Optimization for Bark Kids
- Settings app ⚙ > Battery > select Optimized Apps > tap on All Apps from the drop-down list > select Bark > choose Don't Optimize.
- There may be another special option in Settings app ⚙ > Apps > Bark > Advanced > Battery > Background limitations that you also want to disable to prevent malfunctioning of the Bark for Kids app.
- You may also check if the default text-to-speech engine is set to Google in Settings app ⚙ > Apps > Default Applications > Phone Assistance App > change to Google. The alternate location in may be Settings > Accessibility > Text-to-speech > change to Google.
Still no luck?
Should the above not work, please see instructions for specific devices below:
- Settings adjustments on Huawei
- Settings adjustments on OnePlus
- Settings adjustments on Palm
- Settings adjustments on Pinwheel
- Settings adjustments on Samsung
- Settings adjustments on Sony
Need help or have additional questions?
We are happy to assist! Reach out to Bark Support, and we'll help every step of the way.